So much wicked inspiration going on over here this week.
This next Halloween idea from Charleston Crafted is sure to give some chills and thrills and I bet the kiddos will love it!
Hey y'all! I'm Morgan from Charleston Crafted & I'm so excited to be sharing a fun little Halloween baking idea here at Wicked Week!
I love to bake yummy treats, and especially love using a box mix to get things started. Feel free to substitute your favorite cookie recipe, and add crushed oreo to the mix for a similar dirt effect. These also make great individual cookies, if you're having a party!
- Hersheys Cookies n Cream Premium Cookie Mix & ingredients to make it
- Gummy Skeletons (found in the Halloween section at Target)
- 5 oreos, crushed
- Peppermint patties (1 per grave)
What you do:
- Make the cookie dough according to the box (or recipe!)
- Spread in a baking dish. I used a small rectangle but a round cake would look adorable, as well.
- Bake until golden brown. For me, it was about 15 minutes. Be sure to use a toothpick to check the center of the cake to make sure that it is cooked all the way through.
- Let the cake cool.
- Time to decorate! Start by placing out your skeletons. Space out their "graves" across your cake.
- Now, make the grave stones. Unwrap a peppermint pattie for each grave. Use a knife to slice off the bottom 1/4 of each patty, so you have a flat edge.
- Place the headstones over each skeleton.
- Spoon crushed oreo over each skeleton. I like good coverage, but to leave the feet hanging out to be extra spooky!
Enjoy! I hope you have a happy & yummy halloween!
You can visit Morgan's blog Charleston Crafted here.
Drop on by and tell her "hi"!
Looking for more Halloween/Fall inspiration?
Check out the other fab Wicked Craft Week projects: