1 mins read
Beware! There's a love bandit on the loose and he's stealing hearts!
I decided to make a Valentine onesie for Baby B with some heat transfer vinyl I had on hand.
Since this was my first time working with this type of vinyl I wanted to do something simple but cute. I thought decorating the onesie with the word "Love Bandit" was quite suitable.
It was either that or "Sleep Thief" and that didn't seem very Valentine-ish.
I dusted off Miss Silhouette Cameo and used the software to create my design. I'm going to warn you it was really difficult.....I typed out the word "love bandit".
Yep, that's really how complex things get around here people.
Want to create your own rad (we totally need to bring back the word rad)shirts with heat transfer vinyl?
This post contains affiliate links. Interested in learning more, please read my full Disclosure Policy.
How to Create Your Own Valentine's Onesie
or Shirt with Heat Transfer Vinyl
1. Create your design using the Silhouette software. If your image includes words or letters make sure to flip your image horizontally. It will cut the image backwards but will read correctly later when you go to apply it.
2. Load the vinyl shiny side down. You can find heat transfer vinyl at your local craft store or on Amazon. After loading the vinyl, cut your design using the settings for "Silhouette Heat Transfer"
3. Remove your design (using a hook to do this makes life a lot peachier! I love the one from this tool kit)
4. Place your design on your shirt shiny side up and then place a piece of cloth on top of it.
I used a pair of clean underwear......just kidding.
5. Set your iron to "Cotton" setting , allow to heat up, and then press firmly and iron your design onto the shirt for about 60 seconds. Allow the design to cool.
That's it! Well, of course, don't forget to unplug your iron.
Remember only YOU can prevent forest fires!
You can add other embellishments to your shirt too-like the felt craft heart I did on mine. Now enjoy your new RAD shirt!
If you enjoyed this easy DIY you may want to check out the cute DIY Hipster Bunny Tee here (includes a free printable!)
Transforming your home, from the inside out.
Connect with me: